What HOLLABACK GIRL means?!

Unknown // Friday, July 13, 2018

The English language is not my native, so, while listening to Gwen Stefani`s Hollaback Girl I didn`t know what that expression means. Because of Gwen`s attitude I had the impression that Hollaback Girl is... Well, I don`t know exactly, but I had the impression that UN-HOLLABACK GIRL means:

1) free spirited
2) rebellious
3) independent


Cool, ha?




So, after that, I looked for what "Hollaback girl" really means and... It seems Gwen made up that term by her self and nobody knows exactly what she had on her mind.

Ha ha ha, funny rihgt? :D

Btw, let me be more systematic. Song lyrics wrote Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams. So, if you see them on the street you know what to ask them! ;) 

Let`s see now what people THINK the term means!

Urban Dictionary> "When one hollas back, one responds to a verbal insult with their own reciprocal verbal insult. "

In other words, something like the Bible verse "
An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth".


But Wikipedia gives the other opinion> "The most commonly accepted meaning is that a "hollaback girl" responds positively to the "catcalls" or hollers of men, but it might mean to Stefani that she would rather take the initiative and "step it up"

For me, Urban Dictionary definition is more in tune with the song and the video. 

What definition you prefer? Write in the comments :)

p.s. My version of Hollaback Girl! :) Dancing Poet (me) is waving you ;) <3





0 comments

RNR time... The Comet Zenora is Passing :) !

Tonight a comet Zenora is passing just 70 miles near Earth, which is a sign it`s a perfect time for R`N`R!    Let`s hear something new f...